Impulse shopping always gets me hook line and sinker. Lucky Buddha Beer got me when going through the booze store. Lucky Buddha Beer is a beer brewed and bottled at the Qiandao Lake, China. It was introduced in July 2010, and is made from malt, hops, rice and water from this region delivering an Asian style lager.
Started the weekend off with a little spice. Hit one of our local gourmet burger places. There was lots to choose from like and Elvis Burger with peanut butter or Breakfast Burger with egg and bacon. Ended up with a Hottie Burger. Jalapeno and Hot Peppers with Pepper Jack Cheese and special hot sauce. Washed it down with a Spicy Vodka Caesar and draught beer.
Wondering about the Vodka Caesar? It’s a Canadian thing.
Rim a highball glass with the juice from the lime wedge and a combination of celery salt.
Add the vodka and clamato juice. Season with pepper, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces to taste. Stir well.
Garnish with a celery stick.
It’s always amazing to look back into the past and see what we thought our future would like. Sometimes you find that we weren’t too far off in predicting what our lives would like and other times its almost humorous. You have to love that even just fifty years ago man thought that we may already be colonizing space and living on another planet. Maybe it was all just wishful thinking.
Space Puppy, 1950’s
Space Exploration, 1960’s
Future Car, 1960’s
Are you excited for the new Star Wars Lego Sets that are coming out in the summer of 2017? We found a collection of preview images of the new Lego sets that will leave Star Wars fans drooling. They are rumored to be out in June and September. The new Star Wars Lego collections were revealed at the New York Toy Fair 2017. If you can’t wait to get your hands on the new sets coming out this summer then you can always go through the existing Star Wars Lego Collection and start to build your own empire.
Star Wars Lego Sets for 2017
75183 Darth Vader Transformation
75178 Jekku Quadjumper
75167 Bounty Hunter Battle Pack
5182 Republic Fighter Tank
75185 Tracker 1
75816 The Arrowhead
Have you ever wondered how much sugar is in your drinks? Maybe you have never thought about it. Maybe you have heard but saying a cup really doesn’t mean much until you see it in a photograph. We were surprised when we came across these random photos that depict just how much sugar is contained in soda, sports drinks and juices. Bit of an eye opener to just how much sugar you are taking in after consuming just one of these drinks.
Remember this when looking at these photos:
According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are (7): Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons). Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).
Wondering if a Las Vegas Christmas Vacation is a good idea? Well there is lots to do around Christmas time in Vegas but it’s not as festive as you might think. Lots of people probably flock to Vegas over Christmas to get away from the holidays. Still the casinos and resorts still have lots of Christmas festive themed activities and displays. I have been there for Christmas the last two years and thought I would share some photos and Christmas activities that I have found to be fun.
Vegas Christmas Vacation Ideas
- Bellagio Christmas Display – The Conservatory & Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio offers one of the most breath taking Christmas displays you will ever see. Flowers, polar bears, penguins, fake snow and of course a massive Christmas tree. The crowds are pretty big but it’s worth it to see everything. The display runs for the month of December.
- The ARIA and Shops at Crystals – Both places decorate with lots of flowers, lights and flower displays. The Aria has one great feature we love and that is the life size Grinch, which is made of chocolate.
- Fremont St Christmas Tree – Fremont St is a must visit spot when traveling to Las Vegas. Lots of street performers, live music and the music light show. Christmas is also celebrated there as well and they have a giant Christmas tree on display.
- Ice Skating at the Cosmo – The Cosmopolitan freezes their strip side pool, adds a zamboni to the clean the ice and pumps out 80’s tunes and throws in some fake snow as well. Look for a Groupon to show up for this one. Last year we got a good deal on two skate rentals and use of the ice. You can rent a fire pit as well. Be warned, lots of kids.
- The Plazzo Waterfall – The Palazzo Waterfall Atrium and Gardens deck themselves out with lots of flowers, lights and festive decorations. It’s a great free must see and runs from December into the New Year.
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway – We have never been to this event but there is currently a Groupon for this activity right now. You get to cruise the speedway with your family packed into your car and enjoy a ton of Christmas lights and displays. That’s over 2 miles of holiday goodness.
These are just a few suggestions of Christmas activities for you to try out during your next Vegas Christmas Vacation. If you find any other festive Christmas things to do in Las Vegas drop us a comment and we will add it to the list.
We noticed that Netflix has added some decent Horror tv series over the last month of two. Just in time for Halloween. If you are looking for a good scary, thriller or sci-fi related tv series to binge watch we found 5 that we like. There are probably lots more and we left some of the obvious ones like The Walking Dead off the list because most people have seen or are aware of it being on Netflix. We had to throw Z Nation in at the end, it’s so bad it’s great.
5 Horror TV Series on Netflix
1. American Horror Story (5 Seasons) – This series has everything from zombies, aliens, ghosts to vampires. Each season is a new story with the same actors and actresses playing the parts. Described as an anthology series, each season is conceived as a self-contained miniseries, following a disparate set of characters and settings, and a storyline with its own “beginning, middle, and end”.
2. Supernatural (11 Seasons) – When they were boys, Sam and Dean Winchester lost their mother to a mysterious and demonic supernatural force. Subsequently, their father raised them to be soldiers. He taught them about the paranormal evil that lives in the dark corners and on the back roads of America … and he taught them how to kill it. Now, the Winchester brothers crisscross the country in their ’67 Chevy Impala, battling every kind of supernatural threat they encounter along the way.
3. Buffy The Vampire Slayer (7 Seasons) – he series narrative follows Buffy Summers, the latest in a line of young women known as “Vampire Slayers” or simply “Slayers”. In the story, Slayers are “called” to battle against vampires, demons, and other forces of darkness. Like previous Slayers, Buffy is aided by a Watcher, who guides, teaches, and trains her. Unlike her predecessors, Buffy surrounds herself with a circle of loyal friends who become known as the “Scooby Gang”.
4. Penny Dreadful ( 3 Seasons) – Some of literature’s most terrifying characters, including Dr. Frankenstein, Dorian Gray, and iconic figures from the novel Dracula are lurking in the darkest corners of Victorian London. Penny Dreadful is a frightening psychological thriller that weaves together these classic horror origin stories into a new adult drama.
5. Z Nation (2 Seasons) – Z Nation starts three years after the zombie virus has gutted the country, a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood. Although the antibodies he carries are the world’s last, best hope for a vaccine, he hides a dark secret that threatens them all. With humankind’s survival at stake, the ragtag band embarks on a journey of survival across three thousand miles of rusted-out post-apocalyptic America.
Do you need your fix of classic horror movies before Halloween? Netflix has a great serving of classic horror movies that will scare the pants off of you. Okay maybe not scare the pants of you but they do have a good collection of classic horror movies just in time for Halloween. We have picked 10 of our favorites out that we love watching every year at this time. We included a sci-fi thriller and one zombie flick. If you are looking for a good scary movie here they are. Leave a comment if you want to suggest one that we are missing. Because there are differences in regions we didn’t directly link the movies to Netflix. Just give them a search and you should find them.
10 Classic Horror Movies on Netflix
- Jaws (1975) – An insatiable great white shark terrorizes the townspeople of Amity Island, The police chief, an oceanographer and a grizzled shark hunter seek to destroy the bloodthirsty beast.
- Hellraiser (1987) – An unfaithful wife encounters the zombie of her dead lover, who’s being chased by demons after he escaped from their sado-masochistic Hell.
- Steven King’s Children of the Corn (1984) – A boy preacher named Isaac goes to a town in Nebraska called Gatlin and gets all the children to murder every adult in town.
- Scream 2 (1997) – Two years after the terrifying events that occurred in Woodsboro, Sidney is now attending Windsor College in Cincinnati with long time friend Randy. Meanwhile, Gale Weathers best selling book on Sidney’s life has now been made into a major motion picture. When two college students are killed in a theatre while watching the new film “Stab,” Sidney knows deep down that history is repeating itself.
- Event Horizon (1997) – In the year 2047 a group of astronauts are sent to investigate and salvage the long lost starship “Event Horizon”. The ship disappeared mysteriously 7 years before on its maiden voyage and with its return comes even more mystery as the crew of the “Lewis and Clark” discover the real truth behind its disappearance and something even more terrifying.
- Sleepy Hollow (1997) – New York detective Ichabod Crane is sent to Sleepy Hollow to investigate a series of mysterious deaths in which the victims are found beheaded. But the locals believe the culprit to be none other than the ghost of the legendary Headless Horseman.
- Wes Cravens New Nightmare (1994) – Freddy’s back … and he’s badder than ever! Nancy, the historical nemesis of the man with the satanic snarl and pitchfork fingers, discovers that a new monstrous demon has taken on Freddy’s persona. Can Nancy stop this new threat in time to save her son?
- The Legend of Hell House (1973) – A team consisting of a physicist, his wife, a young female psychic and the only survivor of the previous visit are sent to the notorious Hell House to prove/disprove survival after death. Previous visitors have either been killed or gone mad, and it is up to the team to survive a full week in isolation, and solve the mystery of the Hell House.
- Dead Snow (2009) – Eight medical students on a ski trip to Norway discover that Hitler’s horrors live on when they come face to face with a battalion of zombie Nazi soldiers intent on devouring anyone unfortunate enough to wander into the remote mountains where they were once sent to die.
- VHS (2012) – When a group of misfits is hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house and acquire a rare VHS tape, they discover more found footage than they bargained for.
I was looking for new drink recipes when I came across these fantastic looking Pokemon Cocktails. If you are hosting a Pokemon Go Party for more mature players and looking for a way to dazzle your guests with booze you might want to try these drink recipes out for fun. There are no real instructions on how to make them but they look like your average type drinks and with the ingredients list given you should be able to make them.
The drinks were created by meowpurrnom on Tumblr so all props go to that user and we hope they don’t mind us sharing their awesome creation.
Eevee: cake vodka, Kahlua, Bailey’s, chocolate eclair ice cream bar, chocolate syrup
Vaporeon: rum, Malibu, blue curacao, pineapple juice, Sprite
Jolteon: tequila, red bull, margarita mix, lemon juice, Sprite, salt on the rim
Flareon: fireball whiskey, peach schnapps, iced tea, lemonade, dash of strawberry syrup (for color)
Espeon: strawberry vodka, Hpnotiq Harmonie, Chambord, cranberry juice, Sprite
Umbreon: bourbon, coke, lemon juice, orange juice
Glaceon: rum, blue curacao, peppermint schnapps, lemonade, soda water, sugar on the rim
Leafeon: tequila, peach schnapps, lime juice, ginger ale, mint, honey and a drop of chocolate syrup for decoration
Sylveon: cake vodka, strawberry vodka, Bailey’s, strawberry shortcake ice cream bar, cream, strawberry syrup
- SOURCE meowpurrnom (Tumblr)