Wondering if a Las Vegas Christmas Vacation is a good idea? We have been going to Vegas for the past four years and it get more and more festive every year. Vegas may not be as festive as other big cities but then again its Vegas. Below is a list of great Vegas ideas for the holidays. If you want more Vegas tips and guides be sure to visit Vegas Savvy.
Vegas Christmas Vacation Ideas
- Bellagio Christmas Display – The Conservatory & Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio offers one of the most breath taking Christmas displays you will ever see. Flowers, polar bears, penguins, fake snow and of course a massive Christmas tree. The crowds are pretty big but it’s worth it to see everything. The display runs for the month of December.
- The ARIA and Shops at Crystals – Both places decorate with lots of flowers, lights and flower displays. The Aria has one great feature we love and that is the life size Grinch, which is made of chocolate.
- Fremont St Christmas Tree – Fremont St is a must visit spot when traveling to Las Vegas. Lots of street performers, live music and the music light show. Christmas is also celebrated there as well and they have a giant Christmas tree on display.
- Ice Skating at the Cosmo – The Cosmopolitan freezes their strip side pool, adds a zamboni to the clean the ice and pumps out 80’s tunes and throws in some fake snow as well. Look for a Groupon to show up for this one. Last year we got a good deal on two skate rentals and use of the ice. You can rent a fire pit as well. Be warned, lots of kids.
- The Plazzo Waterfall – The Palazzo Waterfall Atrium and Gardens deck themselves out with lots of flowers, lights and festive decorations. It’s a great free must see and runs from December into the New Year.
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway – We have never been to this event but there is currently a Groupon for this activity right now. You get to cruise the speedway with your family packed into your car and enjoy a ton of Christmas lights and displays. That’s over 2 miles of holiday goodness.
These are just a few suggestions of Christmas activities for you to try out during your next Vegas Christmas Vacation. If you find any other festive Christmas things to do in Las Vegas drop us a comment and we will add it to the list.