Do you need your fix of classic horror movies before Halloween? Netflix has a great serving of classic horror movies that will scare the pants off of you. Okay maybe not scare the pants of you but they do have a good collection of classic horror movies just in time for Halloween. We have picked 10 of our favorites out that we love watching every year at this time. We included a sci-fi thriller and one zombie flick. If you are looking for a good scary movie here they are. Leave a comment if you want to suggest one that we are missing. Because there are differences in regions we didn’t directly link the movies to Netflix. Just give them a search and you should find them.
10 Classic Horror Movies on Netflix
- Jaws (1975) – An insatiable great white shark terrorizes the townspeople of Amity Island, The police chief, an oceanographer and a grizzled shark hunter seek to destroy the bloodthirsty beast.
- Hellraiser (1987) – An unfaithful wife encounters the zombie of her dead lover, who’s being chased by demons after he escaped from their sado-masochistic Hell.
- Steven King’s Children of the Corn (1984) – A boy preacher named Isaac goes to a town in Nebraska called Gatlin and gets all the children to murder every adult in town.
- Scream 2 (1997) – Two years after the terrifying events that occurred in Woodsboro, Sidney is now attending Windsor College in Cincinnati with long time friend Randy. Meanwhile, Gale Weathers best selling book on Sidney’s life has now been made into a major motion picture. When two college students are killed in a theatre while watching the new film “Stab,” Sidney knows deep down that history is repeating itself.
- Event Horizon (1997) – In the year 2047 a group of astronauts are sent to investigate and salvage the long lost starship “Event Horizon”. The ship disappeared mysteriously 7 years before on its maiden voyage and with its return comes even more mystery as the crew of the “Lewis and Clark” discover the real truth behind its disappearance and something even more terrifying.
- Sleepy Hollow (1997) – New York detective Ichabod Crane is sent to Sleepy Hollow to investigate a series of mysterious deaths in which the victims are found beheaded. But the locals believe the culprit to be none other than the ghost of the legendary Headless Horseman.
- Wes Cravens New Nightmare (1994) – Freddy’s back … and he’s badder than ever! Nancy, the historical nemesis of the man with the satanic snarl and pitchfork fingers, discovers that a new monstrous demon has taken on Freddy’s persona. Can Nancy stop this new threat in time to save her son?
- The Legend of Hell House (1973) – A team consisting of a physicist, his wife, a young female psychic and the only survivor of the previous visit are sent to the notorious Hell House to prove/disprove survival after death. Previous visitors have either been killed or gone mad, and it is up to the team to survive a full week in isolation, and solve the mystery of the Hell House.
- Dead Snow (2009) – Eight medical students on a ski trip to Norway discover that Hitler’s horrors live on when they come face to face with a battalion of zombie Nazi soldiers intent on devouring anyone unfortunate enough to wander into the remote mountains where they were once sent to die.
- VHS (2012) – When a group of misfits is hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house and acquire a rare VHS tape, they discover more found footage than they bargained for.